Taurus is the eighth and final movement on keyboardist Jon Lord's album Gemini Suite (1971). It comprises an extended Hammond organ solo by Lord, which the band Deep Purple considered a highlight of their live concert at the Royal Festival Hall in London, with the Light Music Society Orchestra, in September 1970. Deep Purple (Mk II) recorded this instrumental (later issued as Gemini Suite Live in 1993), which formed the basis of Lord's official release, recorded at Abbey Road and De Lane Lea studios in London, March 1971.
- Jon Lord – piano, organ
- Albert Lee – guitars
- Roger Glover - bass guitar
- Ian Paice – drums
- Tony Ashton - keyboards, vocals
- Yvonne Elliman - vocals
- Malcolm Arnold - conductor
- The London Symphony Orchestra
- Martin Birch - engineer
- Michael Lee Gray - engineer
- Phil McDonald - engineer
- David Stock - engineer
- Faragher, Scott (2011) The Hammond Organ: An Introduction to the Instrument and the Players who Made it Famous. Milwaukee: Hal Leonard Books. ISBN 978-1-4584-0287-5 (OCLC 709673822).
© 2009 SoundHistoria. All rights reserved.